December 15, 2013

Basketball Benching

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-10

Dream

It’s a high school boys vs. girls exhibition basketball game. The girls are given the ball to start the game (because apparently a jump wouldn’t be fair), but the boys steal the ball as it’s thrown in and score two points right away. This starts an argument because the girls don’t think it’s fair because they didn’t know who was covering who yet. While everyone is standing around discussing this one girl sneaks away with the ball and makes a three point shot. This is given to them as a way of evening things out, but the boys are still mad because the girls are a point ahead after the affair. I show up and am the one to throws the ball in for the boys, but someone else goes in to play for me and I get benched. I realize that I probably won’t get to play for the rest of the game. It is unsure if this is because I was the one who stole the ball and started the argument, or if someone finally realized that I’m not good enough to start on the high school basketball team.

Benched

Context Explanations

My full court press was the cat’s pajamas.

Plot Holes

Did I steal the ball? My first hand experiences don’t start until I’m throwing the ball in, so I’m not sure who it was or if I was even playing at the time. Maybe everyone had their mind wiped of the incident as it was the only way to solve the argument. That seems logical for an argument between high school boys and girls.

Erection?

Ambiguously Yes

Analysis

I distrust women to follow sport rules in the same spirit that men do (can be corroborated by this dream). It bothers me when different rules are applied to the different genders and it’s described as equal. I also have a very high opinion of my b-ball defensive skills (this is actually an analysis of the context section).

Auguries

I’m going to make an ass of myself in from of some women. This is more of a given than a prediction. Maybe the prophesy is just that I’m going to be around women, and the ass making is just an inevitable byproduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment