December 30, 2013

Crappy Car

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-30

Dream

I’m driving my old work car and I want to make a turn up ahead. I hit the brakes but the car barely slows down. I realize that the breaks are bad and pin the pedal to the floor with both feet. The velocity remains virtually unchanged and I miss my turn, finally creeping to a stop a block past it. I throw the car into reverse, since I’m determined to make my turn. I give it a three second burn and a few short controlled bursts of acceleration to propel myself backwards at a low enough speed that I'll still be able to stop with my bad breaks. I still miss the turn again. I’m right back where I started, and now there's spontaneously a downhill grade approaching the turn. I ride the breaks pressed to the floor the whole way down the hill but never get to a speed where I can make the turn. I wake up still feeling incredibly angry at my old work car.

Double Footing the Brakes

Context Explanations

I used to drive a car at work that had over 200,000 miles and had developed a few mechanical issues. The breaks were never as bad as I perceived in the dream, but we had our problems.

Plot Holes

I’m assuming I’m the only car on the road if I could just reverse down a whole block.

Erection?

Frustratingly Yes

Analysis

I’ve combined driving my old work car with driving on snow and ice. Tis the season of winter driving, and this dream was an expression of the sudden panic I feel when my car isn’t breaking as fast as I anticipated, combined with my old frustrations with the work car.

Auguries

Three attempt and three failures foreshadow future attempts to reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment