December 12, 2013

The Cool Pool in the School

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-03

Dream

I’m hiding in an abandoned school from some ambiguous authority. The school is actually the hideout of a friend (Shane?) and my regular place has been compromised in some way. I’m busy sneaking around the dark hallways setting up some quasi-futuristic mines in key defensive locations. Later my friend’s son shows up with some people who want to use the pool, but luckily he knew how to disarm the mines.

School Pool

Context Explanations

Shane is my best friend who I’ve known since grade school. He does not have a son.

Plot Holes

Who put this Olympic sized pool here?

Erection?

Yes

Analysis

The authority represents society and me hiding from it is the same is quitting my job to work from home. The abandoned school shows that I have moved beyond the school age in my life (school’s out if you will). The mines are symbols of all the self-deprecating, repellant, self-sabotaging actions that I tend to surround my work with, but the people disarming the mines and using my pool are those who aren’t deterred by my defenses and show up to enjoy what I have to offer (my writing in other words).

That got kind of deep.  

Auguries

The pool means that maybe I should renew my YMCA membership. I haven’t been swimming in a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment