December 29, 2013

Pet Peacocks, but Not Really

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-29

Dream

I’m on a small rise overlooking a green field. Some people I know are sitting in a row of lawn chairs at the far end. Gazing up into the sky I see two blue creatures fly over, and I wonder if they're peacocks as they spread their tail feathers to reveal one in each color of the rainbow. Both animals land in the field and begin running around in wide circles. I move around the perimeter of the field so I don’t spook them as I head back to my friends in the lawn chairs. When I get a closer look at the creatures I see that they are actually blue terrier dogs with large bird like tails. When I tell my friends this they don’t believe me. To prove it I capture one of the creatures (by standing in the path of its circle and grabbing it as it runs past), and bring it back to my friends. I then attempt to tame the animal by pinning it on its back and staring into its eyes to establish dominance (yes!). The dog struggles and tries to bite me, which I worry might be poisonous since the creature is clearly genetically engineered. The taming apparently works because we take both animals back with us to a mansion. I’m lying in a bed with a colleague discussing the possible origin of the animals, but we keep getting interrupted as someone jerking the covers off the bed. My colleague sneaks out a side door and burst through the main door of the bedroom to catch the culprits. He only finds the two blue dogs at the foot of the bed and we begin to suspect that they may be smarter than we previously believed.
Peacock Terrier
Context Explanations

I once heard that you can cure a dog of disobedience by pinning it on its back and staring into its eyes. It will then regard you as the pack leader and do what you say. I would not recommend you do this to wild animals.

Plot Holes

The hypothesizing in bed is a little odd, but I often do some of my best thinking in bed so I will let it slide. It is unclear how an animal with only tail feathers flies.

Erection?

Theoretically Yes

Analysis

Um? I played a video game yesterday that involved sneaking around a mansion, so that is where that stuff came from. I’ve had no recent contact with either terriers or peacocks that I can remember. I did watch Jurassic Park again the other day so that could be the source of the genetic engineering, but maybe not. This one is a mystery.

Auguries

The green field is peace and the multicolored tails are homosexuals. The homosexuals will seek peace, but some jerk is going to come along and try to establish dominance over them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment