December 22, 2013

Undead Assault

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-21

Dream

A group of British space travelers are colonizing a new planet. Shortly after they arrive a plague starts to spread that causes large red sores on the skin and is deadly after a short time. Before they get that sorted out an army of undead arrives. Their town is on a hill with a fortified wall built around it, and the undead are landing boats in the nearby bay. The dream turns into a real time strategy game and I’m trying to repel wave after wave of undead with medieval infantry. Two huge ships of undead arrive and the odds are overwhelming so the British retreat behind the fortifications. Now I’m controlling a vampire unit and trying to fly over the wall. The flight controls are terrible and I can’t get it to work. The undead army moves away from the city after this (I’m guessing because they can’t breach the walls?). I notice a building near the beach that has multiple squads of pikemen standing around it and realize it is a unit spawner for my army. I debate if I should use these units to pursue the undead or guard the shore.

Pikeman Spawner

Context Explanations

A unit spawner is a video game construct the continuously generates game pieces. In this case, squads of pikemen (dudes with long spears). All my other video game jargon should be fairly understandable.

Plot Holes

I’m not real sure why people capable of space travel were engaging in medieval style combat, and this is possibly the first time that an army has ever been defeated by poor flight controls.

Erection?

Strategically Yes

Analysis

This seems like a big amalgamation of media I’ve experienced in the recent past. I see some Age of Empires II (real time medieval combat), Game of Thrones (undead armies and siege battles), Lego Marvel (poor flight controls), Dr. Who (British space travel), and Heroes of Might and Magic (unit design, especially the undead). The general plot is very similar my last dream, so you could probably copy that analysis for this one. I sure have a lot of dreams about vampires. Also, I think colonizing a new planet is crazy dangerous.

Auguries

This dream sounds kind of like Ragnarök. We’ve also been getting plenty of snow recently so this might be the start of Fimbulwinter. I’m pretty sure the apocalypse is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment