December 22, 2013

Cheating at Cards

Date Dreamed: 2013-12-13

Dream

I’m playing pinochle with my mother and sister (three handed I’m assuming). My sister has the bid and hearts are trump. During the first few rounds of tricks I catch a glimpse of her hand and see a large number of hearts including the ace, with another ace of hearts on the other side of her hand that hasn’t been sorted. I also remember that an ace of hearts has already been played. This is one too many aces, and I realize that she’s cheating. After she plays all the aces I accuse her and she admits to it, with an explanation that she was taught to cheat by an uncle (unspecified). We stop playing and I leave to take a nap. When I wake up my sister is napping and she has new clothes that are the same as clothes I own. This is annoying and I wonder how we will sort the laundry. I try to tell my mom, but she is also napping (playing card is apparently very exhausting). Later, we play pinochle again to teach my sister how to play without cheating (like a good family).

Card Hand

Context Explanations

The rules of pinochle are more than I want to describe here but I will say that decks of pinochle cards contain two of each card, nine and above. My sister just recently learned to play.

Plot Holes

I was totally cheating by looking at her hand. At least I was clever enough to wait until the aces were played to cover it up.

Erection?

Strangely Yes

Analysis

I’m still dwelling on feeling about when my sister used to wear my clothes and my laundry was miss sorted.

Auguries

I should be watchful when playing cards with my sister, and possibly my uncles.

No comments:

Post a Comment