January 21, 2014

Crazy War Correspondent

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-21

Dream

I’m a reporter working in a war torn country. Also on the crew are Reuben the camera man and his wife, who are Caribbean islanders, a fat producer guy, and another man and woman who are implied at the beginning but don’t really do anything in the dream. We are just kind of hanging out and Reuben is running around doing parkour with the local children. Many of the buildings are partially rubble and have a tendency to break up run across them. Reuben’s wife doesn’t like this and wants him to stop. Reuben then gets turned into a zombie (somehow?!), and his wife wished that he would have been her son and not her husband so that he never would have been turned into a zombie. In a twilight zone style twist, Reuben does become her son, and she freaks out because no one else can remember him being her husband. She then starts wishing him back into an adult, super hard. I begin to remember him as he was and add my wishing powers to hers. We are able to wish Reuben back into a man and he is conveniently not a zombie anymore. Then my subconscious remembers that this wasn’t a supernatural dream, and the Chinese Army shows up to make the country a little more war torn. The fat producer, Reuben, and I make a run it. I complain that I’m not ready for this and I don’t have any pants on, which is based on some half remembered thing from earlier in my dreams when I was stating that I don’t like to wear pants. Then I worry about the absence of our vehicles, but I’m told that the rest of the crew already escaped with our equipment. We get to an escape tunnel and it is a loose dirt tunnel up a steep incline that is just large enough that I could turn around in it if I really curled up (being able to turn around is my threshold for claustrophobia). The producer is leading the way and I’m in the middle with Reuben behind me. We hear the Chinese entering the tunnel behind us and worry that we need to be quiet, but I realize that they can tell someone is inside because of all the loose dirt that we send sliding down the tunnel. The tunnel finally levels out, but then it starts to get narrower. The producer is telling me that if he can fit through then there is no way that I will get stuck, but I’m starting to get claustrophobic anyway.

SAM Truck

Context Explanations

I have never known a camera man named Reuben from the Caribbean islands who does parkour, but I want to.

Plot Holes

I want to say that we were in a Balkan country of some sort, and I struggle to understand what the Chinese Army would be doing there.

Erection?

Correspondingly Yes

Analysis

There was a lot of random crap going on in this dream. It started out with me being a sweet war correspondent, then adds some parkour, has a zombie, throws in a twilight zone plot, a communist army invades, I forget to wear pants, and ends on some claustrophobia. I don’t even know where to start an analysis. The dream may represent a startling lack of focus, but it seems more like really terrible screen writing. Well, the most intense moment were when I wished Rueben back into an adult, and the crescendoing feeling of claustrophobia. I’ll say this is a desire to solve my problems with mental effort along, and a feeling that my situation is getting steadily worse. This could describe my trying to make a living of my creative skills and slowly working through my savings as I fail to earn money.

Auguries

A fat man in a tight tunnel is an omen for a situation that one is not suited for. A zombie who does parkour is an omen that I don’t understand, but I bet it’s cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment