January 23, 2014

Coward’s Hands

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-23

Dream

I’m at a social gathering and I’m talking to Chase. He tells me that he has “coward’s hands”, and now he has to wear gloves all the time. I see he is in fact wearing some leather driving gloves while I'm talking to him. Next, he says that he bought all new clothes because he wants to look nice, and I notice that he is wearing a suit and overcoat. Then he complains that his vision isn’t what it used to be when he was younger. I fail to imagine him wearing glasses (probably because this would involve a face, and my dreams don't do faces). After he has told all this to me I overhear him telling other people about it, and I'm kind of proud that he told me first.


Driving Gloves

Context Explanations

Chase was someone who I respected a lot in high school. He had a sort of reckless intensity that I admire. He was a loose cannon in other words.

Plot Holes

I really doubt that coward’s hands are a legitimate medical condition, or that driving gloves would be a doctor prescribed remedy.

Erection?

Snazzily Yes

Analysis

Chase was speaking my own concerns back to me. I frostbit my hands years ago and now they get frozen really easily and I need to wear gloves whenever it’s cold outside. I’m guessing the term coward’s hands comes from the fact that shivering hands could be taken for a symptom of cravenness. My vision has deteriorated recently as well. I can get along okay without glasses, but I don’t have the 20:20 that I used to.  Bodily defects seem to be something I accumulate as I get older, and this startles me. I assume this is aging? The new clothes part might be due to the fact that every time I try to buy new clothes I’m shocked by the high price for the small amount of added utility. Then I just decide that white tee-shirts are still good enough for me.

Auguries


I was given information before others in the dream and felt good about it. In the future I may come into some fortuitous knowledge ahead of the curve, and benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment