January 19, 2014

Bathroom Buffoonery

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-19

Dream

Jimmy and Ryan are taking a bath together, but not in a homosexual way or anything. For all appearances it is a normal shower tub combo (aka not big enough to fit one person comfortably), yet they’re sitting in it as if it were a hot tub. I’m also in the bathroom, and manage to generate a large wave in the toilet, and splash a bunch of water on to the floor (I don’t think there were any waste products in the water since I wasn't grossed out by it, but it still held the stigma of being toilet water). I soak up the water with a pair of towels while a crowd gathers outside the bathroom. We all reach an awkward impasse, as the crowd is waiting to get into the bathroom, Jimmy and Ryan are waiting for me to leave so they can get out of the bath, and I’m waiting for them to finish their bath so that I can hang my towels to drip dry over the tub. We all seem to be using the standard locker-room practice of refusing to acknowledge that some people in the room may or may not be naked.

Toilet Wave

Context Explanations

Jimmy and Ryan were friends of mine in high school.

Plot Holes

The design of toilet bowls makes it practically impossible to generate a wave large enough to splash out. 

Erection?

Awkwardly Yes

Analysis

I should probably start by saying that the nudity was used to heighten the awkwardness, and wasn’t really sexual. The whole dream just seemed to be a veritable cornucopia of embarrassment, and a bathroom is probably the best setting for such a dream. My subconscious seemed to be crafting the most inelegant situation imaginable, but nothing too awkward has happened to me recently so I can’t really place this in my life.

Auguries

Water played a large role in the dream, and can represents the ability to change to meet the needs of a situation. A future awkward situation can be avoided with fluid behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment