January 12, 2014

Son of the Red Baron

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-12

Dream

A boy and his father are working in a field together. A courier arrives and delivers a telegram to the father. He is being called back into active military service because they are Germans and World War II is starting. The scene switches to the boy in school and the teacher asks who Manfred von Richthofen is. The boy answers that he was the Red Baron. This is also the boys father. This confuses him because his father is still alive, but he knows that the Red Baron died in World War I when he was shot in the heart by some dude on the ground (he still landed his plane). The boy starts to doubt if von Richthofen was actually the Red Baron, but doesn’t doubt that's who his father is. The kid sitting in the desk behind the boy starts to whisper in his ear. The kid wants to be his friend because of how smart the boy is (knowing the Red Baron’s name anyway). The boy isn’t in interested. He turns his head away and leans forward in his desk to get away from the kid.

Answer School Question

Context Explanations

Manfred von Richthofen was the Red Baron, and he was shot down in WWI. My dream history is accurate.

Plot Holes

The boy didn’t seem real upset that his dad was recalled back into the military.

Erection?

Yes. I only need a hint of fighter planes to be involved.

Analysis

I’m a fan of von Richthofen so his appearance in the dream isn’t super surprising. He is also the only German I know by name who fought in WWI, other than Hitler, so he is an natural choice for a German getting called back to right in WWII. Not that sensical though, since he died. Hence me getting confused half way through the dream. The kid whispering to the boy comes from how I would always answer a lot of questions in school. Maybe I’m unhappy that no one was impressed by this, but the fact that the boy rejects his admirer’s overtures toward friendship makes me think otherwise. I would answer questions as a way to control the pace of classes, which was a pretty jerk move on my part. The dream might show my casual disdain for other students. It doesn’t make me seem like a real nice person (which I’m not I guess), but I think it is the accurate analysis.

Auguries

We had someone being recalled to service followed by a scene in school. This forecasts a return to school, formal or otherwise. I’ve been wanting to learn advanced HTML coding, so maybe that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment