January 3, 2014

Dicing in Grade School

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-03

Dream

I’m in a grade school class and we’re playing a math game with dice. The objective of the game is to roll six dice and then math the numbers into an odd product of 15 (15, 45, 75, etc.). Anna B is having trouble with her numbers, but the teacher has told her that there is a possible solution. She asks me for help and as soon as I see her dice I already know how to solve the problem. I feel like a jerk for getting so fast but I tell her anyway.

Dice

Context Explanations

Anna B was a girl who I went to grade school with. She was always smart, but I would say she was stronger in the humanities than math and science. I’ve never played a math game like this.

Plot Holes

Perfectly plausible

Erection?

Yes (impressed by my own math skills I guess)

Analysis

Going through school I always had a reputation for being good at math. Sometimes I felt guilty about getting things faster than everyone else. I don’t think these feelings stemmed from any desire for equality. It was more of a feeling that I failed to live up to the ideal of being perfectly humble about my gifts.

Auguries

I tried to look up some actual numerology for the number six, but that just gave me a whole load of craps. I guess I’ll just make stuff up like usual. There were six dice. Dice have six sides. Grade schools contain six grades (unless they contain seven, and then when you change schools in sixth grade you have to switch from middle school back to grade school and it’s really lame. Unresolved Issues). Three sixes equal the devil. This dream is the devil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment