January 28, 2014

College Classroom Capers

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-28

Dream

I move back to Gillette, and enroll in a college class as a way of getting back into the social scene. I’m only taking one class, but I’m still chaffing under its limitations on my freedom. The current class session consists of the teacher doing a silly dance to the sound of my inner voice mumbling the tune of some half-forgotten song (my brain isn’t really gifted at recreating music). Bridger and his cousin walk in, and we start having a full volume conversation in the back of the class. The teacher kindly requests that we talk in the next room, but I react like he’s being a huge jerk. We go into the next room anyway and continue talking. We discuss what I have been doing since high school and Cody appears to say he heard a rumor that I died, since no one has heard from me since graduation. We head back into the classroom and find it packed with people. The reason for this is that now there is a girl doing a sexy dance to the same music as the teacher. I fail to understand why everyone finds this so entertaining, but I am impressed by the girls ability to dance in a way that resembles the teacher while also being sensual.

Sexy Dance

Context Explanations

Bridger was an acquaintance of mine in high school. He never had a cousin (at least not that I ever met), but he always used to joke that all the other students that shared his last name where his cousins. I guess my brain was confused by this and inserted a character who was his actual cousin. Cody was another kid from my high school.

Plot Holes

I sure ran into a lot of people from high school in what must have been a community college class about interpretive dance.

Erection?

Chorophiliacly Yes

Analysis

I have never desired to move back to my home town and get into touch with the people I knew in high school. The part about how I’ve had not contact with anyone since graduation is pretty much true. I guess I just want to move on with my life, and leave behind all the childish aspects of those days. I also have a dread of running into people I went to school with doing menial jobs. Going back to college is something I’ve thought about, but not for interpretive dance or anything artsy (I was thinking more along the lines of Physics). My obnoxious behavior in class comes from the fact that I really love living life by my own schedule, but the lucid part of my brain thought I was taking it a little too far. The puzzlement about the sexy dance at the end is about my feeling that the public ogling of women is distasteful and shallow. I always feel confused and left out in these situations, especially when women are fully involved in it.

Auguries

It looks like going back to school wouldn’t be worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment