January 2, 2014

Cafeteria Crazy

Date Dreamed: 2014-01-02

Dream

My cousin Erling, my mother, and I are having lunch in a cafeteria. Erling recognizes a woman sitting near us, but when he talks to her he mentions a name that upsets her. She flips out and starts shouting phrases like “How dare you talk about him” and “You have no right to say that name”. We get up and move to a table at the other end of the room. My cousin Steph is there and we ask her what the woman was so upset about. She say her son or husband (dream is unclear on this) died or left (unclear again) and she hasn’t gotten over it yet. I'm having trouble remembering the ending.

Angry Woman

Context Explanations

Erling and Steph are brother and sister and older cousins of mine. I’ve always treated them more like an uncle and aunt since they were already grown up when I was still a little kid.

Plot Holes

I guess just walking a short distance away was enough to calm the lady down.

Erection?

Infuriatingly Yes

Analysis

I gathered the impression the Steph and Erling were close to my age in this dream, which would probably be due to old home movies we watched over Christmas. The woman freaking out about a simple thing is due to my social problems, where I have trouble trusting people to behave reasonably if I don’t know them. This is why I’m not very talkative around people I don’t know until I can get a general picture of their behavior.

Auguries


What can I do with lunch and cousins? Um, there will be family strife around the noon hour, possibly about some guy who isn’t there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment