February 20, 2014

Scavenger Hunt and Cupcakes

Date Dreamed: 2014-02-20

Dream

Barkley, Anna, Kyle, Shane, and I are engaged in some sort of scavenger hunt. We have maps or list and are looking for various items that were hidden by our parents. The environment is all flat surfaces and right angles made of some white stone. There are plateaus, pillars, ditches, ledges, and overhangs in abundance. It becomes outrageously windy, to the point where it's hard to stand. Kyle and Shane have been  searching together but are in danger from the wind. Kyle is about to be blown away, but Shane is pinned down and can’t help. I’m heavier than Kyle, so I can slowly walk over and pull him to a place where he can get out of the wind. I have figured out where two of the hidden treasures are and make a deal with Barkley. We will each go find one item each and then split both between us. I need to leap over a gap in a bridge that crosses a chasm to reach some large double doors set into a cliff wall. Inside is the item from Kyle’s family, which turns out to be some banana bread. I know that Barkley succeeds in getting his item without actually seeing him, and I also know that Anna found the one from my family. We had possibly intended this beforehand, and may have given her a tip on where to find it. I see Kyle pole vault up onto a plateau and I do likewise. On the plateau, everyone is meeting at some kitchens. The teachers are there and the hunt is apparently over. Now everyone is going to make cupcakes. My aunt Libby is running things and the cupcakes are for my grandma. All the kids are supposed to work for two minutes apiece, and I convince Barkley to take the first shift with me. I state that the beginning is the easiest part, but I still worry that everyone will judge me for being too eager (making cupcakes isn’t the most manly or impressive act I guess).

Cube World

Context Explanations

Barkley, Anna, Kyle, and Shane were all friends of mine from grade school. My aunt Libby and my grandma are both accomplished bakers.

Plot Holes

The scavenger hunt seemed sort of dangerous for unsupervised children. I also don’t think that I was any heavier than Kyle, considering that he was taller than me.

Erection?

Boxily Yes

Analysis

The only thing that I’m real sure about is that the banana bread is in there because one of my house mates gave me a loaf of same the other day. The setting was sort of like the map Hang ‘Em High in the original Halo game, but whiter and a lot more random. Nothing else in the dream has any clear meaning for me. The hunt could suggest that I want to find something, possibly tied to family or my elders. Saving Kyle from the wind may mean that I want to help someone. The cupcakes might show that I want to do something, but am afraid of what people will think. All these could just as easily be semi-random creations of my sub conscious.

Auguries

I’ll succeed in my goals with the help of others, and shouldn’t be afraid to help those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment