February 19, 2014

Part of the Show

Date Dreamed: 2014-02-19

Dream

I wake up on the floor after some partying (I may or may not have passed out). While I was unconscious, my hand has been propped up and a microphone was placed in it. Chippy D, an arena rocker, is singing into this microphone during his performance. I start making jokes with a nearby groupie about how my arm has been turned into a microphone stand. Chippy spits while he is singing, and when some hits my arm the women comments on this with faux-outrage. He eventually takes the microphone back and I sarcastically thank him for letting me hold it. The groupie then starts making advances towards me. I’m being coy about this, but am happy about it.

Microphone

Context Explanations

I was convinced that Chippy D was an actual singer from a rock band when I woke up, but upon later reflection I know this isn’t the case.

Plot Holes

I was actually engaging in passable flirting with a woman, and it was effective.

Erection?

Rockingly Yes

Analysis

I must say that using a passed out audience member for a microphone stand is a very metal move. When I pointed out the plot hole, the fact that I was able to flirt with the groupie wasn’t the improbable part. If I have some sort of external stimulus that I can comment on, I’m typically capable of conversation with strangers. These strangers can even be female. Sports are usually my go to for this purpose, but being utilized in a rock show could also work. The improbable part was that it got a non-plutonic response. I can make jokes and exchange sarcastic banter, but I can’t do the more lascivious type of flirting. What I do can hardly be called flirting I guess, since usually only leads to friendships, if anything. I also kind of got the feeling that the girl was only interested in me due to a perceived connection between me and Chippy D, so there’s that.

Auguries

Don’t pass out near an active hair metal band.  

No comments:

Post a Comment