February 13, 2014

Dr. Who Fan Fiction

Date Dreamed: 2014-02-13

Dream

I’m traveling with the Dr. and we get split up while running away from some robots. I arrive at the TARDIS alone and close the doors behind me. A seemingly friendly robot was following me and starts pleading from behind the doors. It's saying nothing but nice things, but I know that if it catches me it will kill me. I have to use the TARDIS before it gets through the doors, and end up near Abraham Lincoln. The Dr. and I have already had two adventures involving Lincoln but I’m not happy about it since during them I developed a morphine addiction and became pregnant (not as a women, but Junior style). I’m still mad about these as they are ongoing problems that the Dr. hasn’t fixed yet. Anyway, we are at a military fort, where Lincoln is illegally stockpiling arms before the start of the civil war. I already know many of the officers from previous adventures, so I have a good sense of what’s going on. It's night and I’m flying around (without any vehicle) observing everything from above without anyone noticing me. One of the officers is going to have a sword duel with some member of an evil conspiracy group in the forest outside the fort. I perch high in a tree and watch the dual start. The other onlookers complain that the starlight is too even (whatever that means) and start hanging up lights. A Native American guide climbs the tree I’m in to turn on some lights and almost catches me. He aims some multi-colored lights and the duelers and then starts setting up a large spot light on a pole. When the spot light comes on it sweeps over me briefly and people notice me floating in the air. I retreat as everyone starts freaking out as they think witches are attacking.

Duel

Context Explanations

I watched all the Dr. Who on Netflix recently. I only watched the new series, as the classic stuff was a little to dated for my taste.

Plot Holes

My history seems a little questionable, but I’ve just learned that morphine was around during the American Civil War and that addictions were common (I looked it up on Wikipedia while writing this). The male pregnancy doesn’t make sense though. I’ll just assume it had something to do with aliens.

Erection?

Covertly Yes

Analysis

I was always slightly off put by how England-centric, and often London-centric, Dr. Who was, so I’m glad that my story involved someone else’s history. Sure, I just replaced it with an American bias, but you use the history you know. Friendly robots don’t seem like a terrible villian. They were strangely threatening since the just want to do stuff like give you a hug, but that hug would crush the life out of you. My behavior of stealthily observing history was nothing like a standard Dr. Who story. Without having the Dr. around I guess I wasn’t up to blatantly inserting myself into the action. My flying around seems like something that could be accomplished with some sweet future technology, but it would provide an easy way out of so many problems that it seems like a really bad idea drama-wise. I also smell some Assassins Creed III rip offs. The observation from a tree and the evil conspiracy group are very similar to that game.

Auguries

I should be careful about getting addicted to morphine and very careful not to get pregnant. The Dr. isn’t going to solve these problems for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment